Pages

Monday 16 June 2014

Students Teach Students - the Teacher Relaxes)

A lot was said about benefits of group work and pair work which provide opportunity for students to learn from each other and about the effectiveness of that. What I did to try it was to ask my B1 students to prepare presentations about and give them in the class. 
Well, this type of lesson doesn't mean the teacher doesn't have to spend much time to prepare - I had to send out the e-mails with the resources and the details of the task a week before the lesson. 
I divided the group into two teams to study two different grammar topics and to present them to each other then. The topics were Past Continuous and Present Perfect. I also insisted on practising these new language structures after the presentations.

I must say my students really enjoyed the experience! One of them even noticed it was one of the best lessons of our course and that he understood the material very well.



To sum up:
- this experience proved the idea of beneficial co-learning
- students had the opportunity to develop their speaking skills at preparation stage as well
- the students could practice presentation skills and get the instant feedback from their peers 
- this activity created a nice co-working and team building atmosphere 
- and yes, it may be fun!









No comments:

Post a Comment