Pages

Tuesday 10 September 2013

Video tutorials to start using Vyew.com for teachers (05:05) and for students(2:41)

I like edmodo for blended teaching but I find it lacking real-time video components so I was in search of something to help me to communicate to my class on-line with video. All webinar platforms are paid or become paid but I wanted to find something free. I also use Skype but I ofte have troubles to share screens to have the same picture in front of me and my students. Google Hangouts allows up to 9 people conferencing but still it doesn't look like a classroom.
I found a web-tool vyew.com which seems really nice to use for on-line English lessons. It looks much like a webinar layout with options to download presentations, pdf files, mp3 files and with the opportunity tu use a webcam to speak to your students. What makes it fantastic for teachers is the fact that it is free and your students may come into the web "room" without you. You also may organise small groups and pairwork and you don't have to download or install anything - it is web-based! There can be up to 10 students in a class simultaneously on free basis and more if you have paid plans.
Here is my short tutorial how to start using it:



Unfortunately one of my students faced some difficulties to enter the room. So I created a short video tutorial for your students which you can share with them:


What tools do you use to organise on-line classes? 

No comments:

Post a Comment